UbiJobs: Deaf / Hard-of-Hearing Employment Services
- Position Title: Direct Services Coordinator / Employment Specialist
- Job Location: Kansas City, MO
- Type: Full Time, Exempt
UbiJobs – Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, and Hearing Workforce Solutions, a division of sComm, offers comprehensive workforce solutions for deaf and hard of hearing job seekers and employers. We believe in the importance of employers becoming more prepared to provide an optimal work environment for deaf and hard of hearing employees. Our goal is to successfully integrate those employees into the workplace, by matching the right job seeker to the right job. Our team offers an array of employment related solutions to meet a variety of today’s workforce needs. We are currently expanding our services and opening a Direct Services Coordinator / Employment Specialist position to work with individuals who are Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing. This position is full time and the candidates would need to work throughout the Kansas City Metro area, which covers seven counties on both sides of Missouri/Kansas state line.
The position, Direct Services Coordinator / Employment Specialist, will coordinate and provide employment services for deaf and hard-of-hearing clients. This position will also act as a contact person for all Vocational Rehabilitation referrals and coordinate various contract/employee specialists who will provide job support services. This position reports to the Vice President of UbiJobs.
sComm is prepared to offer a compensation package that is individually tailored to meet your needs, including a competitive benefits package with stipends, matching 401k, paid-time off (PTO), and more!
- Provide direct employment specialist services, including processing intake and initial assessments, job readiness training, job development and placement, on-site training and job coaching, and job transition support activities.
- Act as a point of contact for all Vocational Rehabilitation referrals and maintain relationships with clients’ VR Counselors.
- Coordinate various contract and/or employee specialists providing job support services. Coordination duties include recruitment, training, scheduling assignments and performance evaluation.
- Assist with development and enhancement of job readiness training curriculum, assessment tools and other resources.
- Ability to network, build and maintain relationships with community employers to increase job opportunities and job retention – including attending job fairs.
- Assist the Vice President of UbiJobs with marketing strategies, job development and targeting opportunities – including attending HR-related conferences and local business networking events, which could require travel outside the KC Metro area.
Job and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required with preference in fields related to Deafness, Rehabilitation or Workforce Development.
- Must have at least 5-years experience working with individuals who are deaf and hard of hearing with preferred specialty in employment services or at least coordination of direct services for the target population.
- Must have good working understanding of how Vocational Rehabilitation system operates and its requirements, including contracting, reporting activities, and billing practices.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate using all sign language modes including American Sign Language and signed-English mode and have strong receptive skills.
- Experience and skill dealing with individuals of minimal language skills.
- Experience in outreach and/or marketing activities.
- Demonstrated skills in advocacy and knowledge about all available communication access options.
- Good understanding of Deaf Culture and about individuals who are hard-of- hearing or late-deafened.
- Must have own and dependable transportation (with a valid driver license) and be willing to travel throughout the Kansas City metro area to meet with clients as needed (mileage reimbursement included).
We invite you to join the UbiJobs team! We are also exploring for contract and/or employee Job Transition Specialists, Job Coaches, and additional Employment Specialists.
For more information, contact:
Operations and Business Development